Capital Health Cancer Center is a
Partner with OncLive.
Accreditations and National Recognition
Going above and beyond to meet the highest standards.
In our efforts to bring you the best, most advanced, world-class care, we continually testourselves against the standards of commissions, colleges and foundations across the country. Not only are these standards rigorous and ongoing – but they ensure that you are getting a level of care at Capital Health that is literally not available anywhere else in the region.
- Commission on Cancer (COC) – The Commission on Cancer, a program of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) has awarded Capital Health Cancer Center accreditation a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program dedicated to improving survival and quality of life for cancer patients through standard setting, which promotes cancer prevention, research, education, and monitoring of comprehensive quality care. Capital Health is a multiple recipient of the COC’s Outstanding Achievement Award and preceding Accreditation with Gold Commendation.
- ACR Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center of Excellence – Awarded by the American College of Radiology (ACR®), this designation recognizes organizations that meet quality and safety benchmarks that the ACR has determined to be the hallmarks of an effective lung cancer screening program. It regards Centers of Excellence as providers of safe, effective diagnostic care for those considered at high risk of lung cancer with a demonstrated commitment to high quality care.
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) – A program of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS), the NAPBC is a consortium of national, professional organizations focused on breast health and dedicated to the improvement of quality outcomes of patients with diseases of the breast through evidence-based standards and patient and professional education.
- National Pancreas Foundation (NPF) – This is the only foundation dedicated to patients suffering from all forms of pancreas disease. To earn recognition as an NPF Center for treating pancreatic cancer, an institution must meet comprehensive standards developed by a task force of pancreatic cancer experts and patient advocates. The criteria includes having expert physicians in specialties such as gastroenterology, pancreas surgery, and interventional radiology, along with more patient-focused programs such as a pain management, behavioral health, and more.
- Surgical Review Corp (SRC) – SRC is a nonprofit, patient safety organization that accredits the top facilities, surgeons and medical professionals worldwide. Their Centers of Excellence (COE) program recognizes facilities (hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers) and specific medical professionals from their service lines committed to achieving defined standards for patient safety and care quality. SRC’s Center of Excellence accreditation programs are unique because they credential both the facility and only those medical professionals who meet their rigorous standards. Capital Health is a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery and a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG).